Considering the strong economy and rising scope for “ease of doing business” in India, expanding your business in India can be a promising growth opportunity. According to Deloitte, the Indian GDP has already crossed USD 5 trillion, and the country will emerge as the world’s third-largest economy by 2027.
As the financial year approaches its end, you might have considered speeding up your business expansion plan and building remote teams in India. But you’d still be wondering about numerous challenges and how to decide on end-to-end business operations abroad. In your mind, you might have multiple concerns, ranging from hiring talent to understanding operation setup time. It’s overwhelming to think about the time constraints and urgency of executing your business expansion plan in India.
If you already have a budget plan and are looking for rapid expansion of your business in India, we advise you to opt for international Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services. You can start your business in India with minimal investment and learn how to quickly operate your team with zero complications in setting up local offices, team staff, and the local tech ecosystem. This blog explains how an international PEO helps set up your business quickly and ensures zero risks for operations.
Three factors to consider for quick business expansion in India
When you think of a quick business expansion in India, you might still ask questions about where you should begin and which factors to consider that will help ease your team-building process. To ensure a seamless expansion into the Indian market, you must consider the three most vital factors—regulatory compliance, administrative tasks, and operation setup. In other words, you must know how to address these three factors before you begin your expansion journey. Let’s briefly understand each factor.
- Indian legal laws and regulatory compliance: Understanding the Indian legal framework of employment and regulatory compliance can be a major challenge for overseas businesses. Indian labor laws are complex, covering a range of aspects such as the nature of employment contracts, working hours, minimum wages, and dispute resolutions. You must know how to handle compliance challenges to avoid legal issues and brand image damage.
- Administrative and HR activities: After hiring your Indian team, you need a human resources (HR) team to engage and motivate them regularly. Also, employee retention poses a significant challenge for global businesses in a remote work setup. You must offer your employees attractive benefits like provident funds, medical benefits, health insurance, gratuities, and so on to attract and retain them.
- Operation setup: A smooth business operation in another country requires time and knowledge of the local market. It means a successful business operation depends on how efficiently you handle multiple roadblocks to your expansion plans. Taking help from a local partner who has expertise and support systems for leveraging existing IT infrastructure and offices can expedite your operations.
How do international PEOs help quick business operations in India?
International PEOs have a sharp eye on the local market and are subject-matter experts in legal and financial matters. They keep abreast of market trends, market behavior, and regulatory changes within the country. One key benefit of working with an Indian PEO partner is that you can hire full-time employees without a physical entity in India. Moreover, international PEOs offer services related to recruitment so that you can hire Indian talent smoothly according to your requirements. Let’s explore what international PEOs can do to help ease your offshore business operations in India.
- Legal and compliance expertise: An international PEO is well-versed in Indian labor laws and regulations. Once you select a PEO service, your PEO partner will take on all responsibilities to handle your legal and compliance challenges to avoid any non-compliance risks. The PEO partner ensures withholding tax and keeping tax payment records for your employees. Complying with the regulations related to employment contracts will help avoid any financial and legal burdens.
- Employee benefits and management: International PEOs can hire Indian talent and manage them on your behalf. If you already have a team, you can start your business operations in India within 2-3 days with the help of your PEO partner. To attract top talent in India, you must offer employee benefits, including medical benefits, insurance, pension plans, etc. International PEOs guarantee that your employees receive all benefits mandated by Indian employment laws. This way, you maintain your employees with high satisfaction and retention rates.
- Efficient operations setup: A successful business requires swift action and a strong foundation of operation. Several steps are involved in setting up a business operation in India, such as obtaining the necessary permits to form a legal entity and handling administrative functions. When working with Indian PEO services, you don’t need to start from scratch and can overcome the hurdles that delay your actions. You can expedite your Indian operations with the help of PEO infrastructure and logistic support.
- Risk mitigation: In addition to financial and legal risks, you may encounter a range of other unforeseen risks arising out of political, cultural, and social factors. Once you work with an international PEO, you can effectively mitigate the risks as you gain several insights into the Indian business landscape. Working with a PEO service provider, you can gain insights into the Indian market, allowing you to frame strategies to reduce the possible setbacks that can ruin your business expansion plans.
- Cost-effectiveness: Observing the cost factor, most international PEOs offer a fixed service charge per employee per month. The cost of an Indian PEO service is less expensive compared to other services such as outsourcing and subsidiary formation. When comparing the cost of different remote business models in India, you can easily understand that PEO services in India can offer cost-effective business expansion services with flexible solutions.
It’s a challenging task and a time-intensive process to get your business up and running in another country. You’re likely to face numerous challenges when you embark on this journey of business expansion on your own in such a vast country as India.
With an international PEO, you can expedite your steps for setting up operations in India. Working with a local guide like Indian PEOs can easily streamline your business expansion approach with reduced investment, fewer operational hurdles, and an effective setup time. Working with a PEO partner has additional benefits, such as eliminating the need to create a physical entity because your PEO partner serves as the employer of record (EOR) for your remote workers.
In short, international PEOs have a thorough knowledge of the ins and outs of the Indian market. Your PEO partner will help you address all team-building challenges and navigate your team expansion journey seamlessly and cost-effectively. With PEO assistance, you can typically focus on your core business activities with peace of mind when your partner takes care of all of the administrative functions of your remote employees.