Business expansion into a new market can be a rewarding journey and a decision that has a significant impact on various growth opportunities. But, from time to time, many businesses put their expansion plans on hold or reconsider their existing plans due to unforeseen circumstances. Mostly, their decision can be severely affected due to the new development of the country’s political and economic systems or the lack of understanding of the cultural aspects of that country.
It becomes even more risky and challenging if you’ve recently started operations in a country and haven’t thought through the exit plan. So, you must consider two major factors—a safer location due to political and economic stability and a service model that can ensure easy entry and exit.
Looking at the present scenario, India stands strong economically and politically. It means that the country is offering tremendous growth opportunities for global businesses due to its large talent reservoir and consumer size. If you’re looking for business expansion in a foreign country in a low-risk and low-cost manner, India can be the best choice for you.
The blog explains how an international PEO helps reduce operational risks and grow your business with minimal investment during turbulent times. Partnering with an Indian PEO, you can quickly start your business operations at a low cost and handle risks effectively.
Why expand business to India?
India’s robust economy and political stability present a strong foundation for business expansion. The country has a large talent pool that allows you to build your remote team and take advantage of compelling opportunities for your business growth. In addition to getting access to tech-savvy professionals, building remote teams in India will lower your operational costs. As the world’s largest democracy, India’s political stability ensures a secure investment environment and boosts investor confidence. Furthermore, government
initiatives and policies toward pro-business environments, ambitious infrastructure projects, tax reforms, and growing scope for ease of doing business foster an environment for stable business setup.
With a sizeable consumer base, India has become a favorable destination for your business operations. The country’s economic growth due to rapid industry development, especially in sectors like services, IT, and manufacturing, makes India an attractive destination for foreign investments. Those are some key reasons that make India a promising location for overseas companies looking to tap into its dynamic market and increase their global presence.
How does international PEO help with low-risk business expansion in India?
International PEOs have in-depth knowledge of the local market and offer expertise in legal, administrative, and financial matters. With their support system, you can easily navigate the entry, hiring, and operation of your business. Also, it provides services that allow you to overcome various roadblocks, such as cultural differences, attrition issues, and engagement problems.
Let’s explore how international PEO services can help you establish your team and ensure a smooth business operation in India with low risk and cost.
International PEOs for low-risk business expansion
- Low-risk market entry: By partnering with an international PEO, you can hire full-time professionals without establishing a legal entity in India. Your PEO partner in India is responsible for finding talented professionals for the required job position; accordingly, you can conduct interviews and shortlist those candidates who rightly fit the job. In this way, you can quickly build a robust team and make risk-free entry into the Indian market.
- Minimal administrative hassles: International PEO services are solely responsible for handling the administrative activities of your employees in India. They take care of employee payroll, engagement, and benefits so that the employees remain engaged, motivated, and aligned with your company culture.
- Mitigating legal and compliance risks: Employment risks pose a significant threat to employing remote employees. The employment laws and regulations differ from one country to another. With an international PEO partner, you can mitigate the legal and compliance risks of business expansion in India. International PEOs have extensive knowledge of the complex system of Indian employment laws and regulations. They ensure that you and your Indian team remain compliant with Indian laws.
- Market experimentation: A major advantage of partnering with an international PEO is that it allows market experimentation. Working with the PEO services, you can test the Indian market waters with minimal investment. You can easily assess how effectively you can handle challenges and examine whether your remote team is likely to succeed in forming an entity in India.
- Easy exit: Working with an international PEO is undeniably a low-risk strategy as it allows you to exit your business with zero complications. If you realize that your team isn’t going to succeed or that the target market isn’t suitable for your business, you can simply dissolve your team and exit. However, you have to wait until your employees complete their notice period.
- Conversion to a subsidiary: It will be a smooth transition and effective conversion of your existing team into a subsidiary if you already work with an international PEO. At some point, you may consider converting your Indian team into a company if you have a sizeable workforce and have acquired knowledge about how to handle roadblocks to your operations and expansions.
International PEOs for low-cost business expansion
- Local talent acquisition: International PEOs have resources, knowledge, and networks for finding the right local talents. They know the pulse of Indian professionals. Within a short time, you can hire the top Indian professionals for your job position at a reduced cost. Hiring an in-house team in your home country will cost you heavily, as compared to hiring Indian talent.
- No upfront investment: Working with an international PEO can be highly cost-effective as you are required to pay a fixed service fee per head monthly. If you can increase the size of the workforce gradually, the cost of PEO services will increase but will be relatively inexpensive as compared to other models. While working with an Indian PEO, you don’t need an upfront investment and can plan your workforce size according to your budget requirements. You can check out the cost of building remote teams in India before you actually start the planning.
- Flexible plan: You can opt for flexible plans and choose selected services as per your specific needs. International PEOs usually offer all-in-one solutions for smooth business expansion in India, such as payroll, human resources (HR) management, employee benefits, and office & IT infrastructure support. You can get customized services from Indian PEOs, which are mostly decided as per your expansion timeline and objectives.
Leverage your business expansion in India through Remunance
As a leading Indian PEO service provider, Remunance showcases its expertise in providing end-to-end services for low-risk and cost-saving business expansion in India. Remunance provides add-on services such as recruitment and logistic support on top of its primary services such as payroll, HR support, employee benefits, and compliance assistance services. With Remunance, you can gain confidence in local operations in India as it serves as a bridge to connect your business to localized platforms. We help you decide the right time for your full-scale operation
and ensure a smooth exit in case you want to dissolve your existing team. It means that by choosing Remunance, your path to business expansion in India is secured as you gain insights with precision and confidence.