Since the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been profound changes in how we carry out business and services. Though earlier perceived as a challenge, hybrid working and remote working are now recognized as successful working models across the globe.
Now as we get back to work post-pandemic, it is understood that the hybrid work model is not a thing of the past. Employees are comfortable with the flexibility and feel more productive when they have the freedom of working from home. While saying so, employers at times feel a disconnect with the team and find it challenging to have confidence in the productivity and deliverables of the employers.
This dilemma was reflected in the recent Microsoft Work Trend Pulse Report by the Work Trend Index. It states that around 87% of employees report higher productivity while working at home, whereas 85% of leaders and company heads reported a lack of confidence in the productivity of the employees. To put an end to this paranoia, a majority of companies are vouching for a hybrid working model.
For a smooth hybrid working model, it is important to keep a check on the business deliverables and developing a policy becomes a priority for the company. This blog is aimed at providing you with an easy-to-use template for developing these policies.
The blog will also give a gist of how an Employer of Record services or a Professional Employment Organization can help you build your team and establish your business in India the hybrid way!
Template for hybrid work policies
While working in a hybrid mode and maintaining a business approach, hybrid work policies are outlined for the employees. These policies also develop trust between employers and employees and streamline the new way of working.
Though there is no one-size-fits-all aspect, there are a few points to emphasize while developing your hybrid work model policies. Let us go through the objectives listed below.
- Benefits that employees will receive
In a hybrid work mode, establishing deliverables, output, and deadlines regarding the same should be stated in the policies. In addition, perks, performance bonus, and compensatory, which in turn boost productivity should be kept in mind. Being aware of these objectives drives employees to plan their work commitments and give high productivity.
Keeping employee well-being in mind: Hybrid approach helps in establishing a better work-life balance for a majority of the employees. Keeping this in mind, policies allow employees to design their schedules by accommodating their personal commitments.
In addition, learning and development activities, special training programs, and other educative sessions need to be taken into consideration in the hybrid work policies.
- State the right tools for hybrid communication
It is important to prioritize communication when it comes to hybrid work. The use of collaborative tools and virtual portals, emails, and team meetings should be justified in the policies for clear business flow for employees whether in the office or while working remotely. This ensures connectivity among the remote teams as well with the employers.
- Technology support for hybrid work
The usage of internet facilities and communication platforms needs to be indicated in hybrid work policies. Employees should be aware of public internet usage, anti-malware software, anti-virus updates, and firewalls. Using important IT-security platforms will ensure an effective, safe, and secure hybrid work environment in any company.
How should you devise your hybrid work model policies?
It is important to lay down guidelines when it comes to hybrid working. Certain rules and regulations need to carve into the company policies which also specify flexibility provided to the employees. This maintains a balance between work-from-home and in-office working activities. Here are a few hybrid work policy guidelines to keep in mind while developing an effective and easy-to-adopt hybrid work policy.
- In-office work guidelines: The in-office working schedule in the hybrid work model is different from traditional office functioning. A schedule regarding the utilization of workstations and meeting rooms, system allocation, and seat booking for commuting to the office needs to be created. If is it important for the business for a certain number of employees to function from the office, then an elaborate schedule of employees working in the office on a particular day needs to be created. Companies also need to take employees’ comfort in mind in certain situations. Taking an employee survey can be beneficial to deciphering how people want to proceed with their work.
- Work-from-home guidelines: Though remote working offers flexibility, their work timings, shifts, and work locations apart from home address need to be discussed with management and the HR team. In addition, employees should be made aware of the leave management, reimbursement process, and financial assistance while working from home. Technological support by companies is also an important factor that needs to be considered in remote working.
- What is the future of hybrid work policy?: Lately, laying down all the disciplinary actions in case the policies are not followed is of utmost importance. This ensures that there are no surprises to the employees and are aware of the warnings and consequences.
At the end of the day, a flexible lifestyle along with the perks of office working are the benefits of hybrid working that employees look for. In a recent study, younger employees or popularly known as Gen Z employees wish to attend work in-office in a hybrid mode for connecting with senior employees for experience and learning. In addition, they prefer meeting managers and work friends for bonding and team building rather than discussing productivity.
How do PEO services in India build hybrid working teams?
Employees in India are adapting to hybrid and remote working models. Establishing your business and building your hybrid teams can seem challenging in such a scenario. PEO services in India or an EOR are meant to take off this challenge and help in your business expansion strategy.
We at Remunance, understand the changing dynamics and fluctuations of the Indian market. With our expert team and resources, Remunance can help you build your business in a hybrid way.